Within a day of me seeing ads for this, I went out and bought it. I've been waiting for Clinique to do a foundation specifically targeted for Oily Skin for a long time now. I use Clinique as my daily skin care routine, and my mother has favored Clinique for a long time so Clinique was always on my list as a brand that I'd like to check out foundation-wise.
- Mac - NC25/30
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer - St. Moritz (Medium 1)
- Nars Sheer Glow: Fiji - Light5 (just a bit too light for me)
- Nars Sheer Matte: Punjab - Medium1 (slightly too light as well)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - Bamboo Beige
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer - Sand
- Bare Minerals - Light, Golden Medium, Medium Beige
- Cover Girl Clean Foundation - Buff Beige (it's too pink for me... think NW25)
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + - 40
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - 127
- Chanel Mat Lumiere: 20 Clair
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - 8.5
The finish is a nice natural matte. It's not has heavily matte as the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + is.
I got no adverse skin reactions to this foundation, which is pretty standard because I think Clinique's products are all pretty easy on the skin.
I used with with all different types of application methods and they all worked fine with this foundation. It didn't oxidize on me and the foundation lasted a good 8 hours on my oiliest parts of my face.
This foundation can be purchased at counters as well as at Sephora.