Stila has a ton of products I've been wanting to try forever, but for some reason just have not gotten around to purchasing. Seems like the everlasting curse of a beauty addict lol.
This is one of those products that packs in a ton of things I've been wanting, all at once.
The In The Light Eye Shadow Palette is a 10 color palette, in a series of a bunch of different paelttes that Stila offers.
It's a great neutral palette that includes both mattes and shimmers and goes from light to dark.
- Bare - matte light pale yellow. Urban Decay's Naked 2 has a similar color. Great for highlighting under the brow.
- Kitten - shimmery champagne. Stila's most famous shadow and I can see why.
- Bliss - matte mauve tinged nude. Great for the "best friend" color in the crease.
- Sunset - cool slightly coppery shimmer. Very soft and would be great for blue eyes.
- Sandstone - deep matte brown. I use this for my brows sometimes :)
- Bubbly - Similar to Kitten, but slightly more orange/gold.
- Gilded Gold - warm brown shimmer. sort of like a shimmery version of Bliss.
- Luster - darker brown with warm shimmer.
- Night Sky - shimmery cool toned silver.
- Ebony - matte black.
So far I've used Kitten the most on the lid and it has a very reflective and beautiful metallic finish to it.
Bare / Kitten / Bliss / Sunset / Sandstone
Bubbly / Gilded Gold / Luster / Night Sky / Ebony
The palette also came with a Smudgestick Liner in Damsel. It's a matte chocolate brown. I have their Stingray liner which is a deep black. The formula for the liner is amazing - soft, creamy but dries down to set and has great color opacity. It stays on all day or me and is a great go-to brown liner.
As a set, I think it's a great palette. I like that it also comes with a liner - some palettes come with a gloss or brush. It just makes it easy to find almost all your eye stuff in one place.
The palette is sleek, slim and has a big mirror. It magnets shut so is very convenient for travel if you're looking for something like that.
It retails fro $39 at Sephora.