Just after Christmas, I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to run some errands and saw this in their cosmetics section. These are CoverGirl's take on the jumbo lip pencil and are new to their line.
I believe the display looks like this in some stores, or is a standing display in others, but generally they're available to purchase now pretty much everywhere!
Of the brands that have jumbo lip pencils, the most talked about are Tarte's, Clinique's and Revlon's. Revlons are actually stains, so they dry pretty matte after they set. Tarte's and Clinique's are much more moisturizing as I believe, like these CoverGirl ones, they're supposed to be more like sheer lip tints or "gloss balms".
At Bed Bath & Beyond, these were $6.99, so I'm sure they're essentially $7 or $8 everywhere else.
These are packaged in plastic jumbo pencil form and have a twist up system from the bottom so you don't have to sharpen them. The cap color is what color the actual product is.
The tube itself isn't super heavy and is sleek and doesn't gather fingerprints, which is really nice.
One downside, or I guess oversight, of this packaging is that the color name is on the plastic seal instead of the actual packaging so once you take off the seal, you don't know what they're actually called. The number is on the bottom, but "Scarlet Twist" is much cuter than 250.
The 5 colors I got were:
- 255 Jam Twist - sheer berry toned red. It's definitely not as deep and wine colored that the cap is.
- 250 Scarlet Twist - sheer cherry red. Good color for those of you that want red lips but don't want to go too intense.
- 235 Coral Twist - sheer coral pink. My favorite of the bunch and will be great for spring :)
- 215 Watermelon Twist - sheer warm pink. I think this is the color that Jannelle is wearing in the display. It's not going to be as bright as the picture, since these are sheer colors, but is still a pretty, pink for spring time.
- 210 Blush Twist - sheer blush pink. This has a slight shimmer in it, which the other ones don't. This one I can see myself using almost daily.
I think there are about 15 or 16 colors in the full range, and they go from nude to purple shades with lots of pinks and reds in between.
I haven't used these yet and done any sort of wear test so I'll get back to you on that but I am excited to try them out! Have any of you bought them? What do you think?
255 Jam Twist
250 Scarlet Twist
235 Coral Twist
215 Watermelon Twist
210 Blush Twist
255 Jam Twist / 250 Scarlet Twist / 235 Coral Twist / 215 Watermelon Twist / 210 Blush Twist