As for the tag, here are the rules:
- Rule 1: Post the rules
- Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger asked you, then make 11 new ones.
- Rule 3: Tag 11 people [ or how many you feel like ] and link them to your post
- Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
And here are Holly's Questions!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right now it'd probably be Australia (and NOT because I'm still obsessed with H20: Just Add Water and Dance Academy). I've always wanted to go there and it just is the farthest I could possibly go lol. Other than Australia, then probably France :) I've always had an affinity for all things romantic and beautiful, and you can't get more romantic than France, right?
- What made you start a blog? I needed somewhere to post swatches for my YouTube channel. This slowly evolved from an accompanying feature to my channel to it's own "thing" and having a real life. There are definitely times that I prefer blogging to video making, and vise versa.
- What weapon would you bring with you in the zombie apocalypse? I
t's a tie between Shotgun (with unlimited ammo) and blow torch (with unlimited fire power). I'd probably pick shotgun though. Or gun of some sort.Sniper rifle. I take all of that back. Sniper rifle with unlimited ammo. Jeremy Renner in 28 Weeks Later style. (and that gives me an excuse to add in a photo of him! you're welcome *swoon*)Image Courtesy of FanPop.com
- Would you rather only be able to wear 1 lipstick for the rest of your life or 1 nail polish? 1 lipstick. I can deal with a red lip everyday. I can NOT deal with 1 nail polish forever. (plus then what'd I do with my massive collection?)
- How do you take your coffee? And if you don’t drink any, what do you drink in the morning? I don't drink coffee regularly. In the morning, I have a nice big glass of water :D But here are the 4 things I get at Starbucks (where my mom works, btw) so you get an idea of what I like - White Mocha, Cinnamon Dulce Latte, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Black Tea Lemonade. Coffee drink wise, I love sugary fatty drinks. Occasionally I'll get some sort of Frappucino (have you tried the butterbeer frap? It's amazing, and then made me breakout for weeks on end, but it was work it). But generally, I'll get one of those 3 warm drinks in the winter and the lemonade all other times.
- What is your favorite beauty product right now? My Burt's Bees Spot Treatments to fight the war on acne on my chin. They've saved me. And keep everything in more control than before. Makeup wise probably my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint, which I've been using for almost two months now. It's amazing. I love it.
- What makes you feel the sexiest? (an article of clothing, a certain lipstick shade, a pair of shoes, etc?) Probably the classic Red Lip/Red Nail combo. It's my favorite. Add a flawless face and highlighting and I'm good to go.
- What is your favorite blog or YouTube channel? Right now (and for the last 6 months) it's SharonMakeupArtist. She's fabulously talented and has the best personality to match. I want to be her friend. Plus she's gorgeous, lives in Australia, and has the easiest but most beautiful makeup tutorials.
- What is one thing that you truly admire in another person? The ability to see the good in everyone and everything. My bff Kate is fantastic at it. And I'm generally a skeptic and a realist I guess. I don't automatically just regard people as being horrible, but I'm not immediately outgoing or going to invite you into my life - I'm shy and it takes a little bit for people to end up on my "good side" when meeting in real life.
- What is your favorite color to wear on your nails right now? (stealing this from Luchessa!) Holos. All the holos.
- What advice would you give to someone who’s thinking about starting a blog or YouTube channel? If something doesn't feel right to you, don't do it. In other words, be yourself. Which is the biggest cliche. But for a while I thought "oh I have to be super bubbly and girly and all that" and I'd awkwardly try and go about doing that on my channel. At the same time, not really revealing my real personality, because, well, I'm sort of just a shy person. That just all felt wrong though, and came across as awkward and unhappy. So I'm much more comfortable now saying what I want to say and not following the prototype of bubbly and girly which I feel like people think you have to be when making videos on YouTube. Yes, I get that since I'm not like that, I probably won't get as many subscribers, but it's not worth changing how I actually am to get subscribers to fulfill... what, a number? Idk, I do videos that I like, and act naturally for myself and make videos that I know I'd want to watch. I also tried the whole sponsored video thing and found it felt weird to do and as if I weren't genuinely making the video out of personal interest. Free stuff is cool and all, but sometimes I feel like the products being offered don't fit into the videos that are on the rest of the channel. Also, I feel like videos with mostly sent items just don't feel like genuine opinions, especially if 9 out of the 10 most recent videos were all sponsored, you know? And there are definitely channels that have genuine reviews, but most of the time it all feels sort of scripted. It's also the same with hauls - if all you ever post is hauls, then after a while it just gets sort of *meh*, which is why I've cut down on the hauls (also because I'm still paying for school and it's time to use what I've got). Hauls are fun, but reviews are so much more helpful! Back to the question though - be yourself, love what you're doing, and show what you're actually into.
I don't have anybody specific to tag, so I tag all of you to answer the same questions that I answered! I'd love to hear what you have to say!